Volunteers are invaluable; their skills and energy allow the organisation to keep going, and to grow!
U3As throughout the world encourage their members to volunteer for administrative and other duties. There are no paid staff at U3A Darebin, and this policy helps to keep subscription dues low, and also enables members to contribute their skills. All our tutors and class convenors are also volunteers, and their generosity with their time and skills is appreciated.
There is always a place for volunteers and your assistance will be appreciated by the committee and other members. Consider a role from the list below.
These general categories of activities require a pool of volunteers who are available on a regular rostered basis or on casual basis to temp in case of illness and holidays.
- Contact the office to find out if there are current vacancies for office bearers on the Committee of Management.
Tutors and Group Leaders
- Do you have an area of special interest or knowledge which you are happy to share with others? Classes can be long or short term. For more information , go to Tutors page.
- Provide general help to the tutor, keep roles, pass messages from the committee, set up and clear room for the class. Where classes are at the Fairfield Railway Station venue, unlock/lock doors and disarm/arm security system.
- Be a friendly face when people come in with inquiries; take and clear telephone messages; record summary of messages; where necessary, contact the appropriate committee member; liaise as necessary with members; mail out information kits to interested callers; help print brochures.
Distributors of Brochures
- Brochures to be placed at locations where they are likely to attract prospective members.
- The need may arise from time to time (say 2-4 times a year) for additional help of an unspecified nature.
- Coordinate special events or projects.
How to Volunteer
Please indicate the task for which you wish to volunteer by completing the Volunteering Application Form. If you are prepared to assist in any way not otherwise covered above, please specify on the comments line. The postal address for return of the form is printed on the form.